GRAPEVINE, Texas⎯ CU Direct has announced the winners of their 2018 Best Practice Awards, as well as the results of its board elections. Both results were revealed during the company’s Drive ’18 Lending Conference here.
The Best Practice Awards, which recognize credit unions’ exemplary lending practices and success in 2017, were presented to four credit unions during the conference’s awards dinner.
A capacity crowd of more than 500 conference attendees were on hand, as the credit unions were acknowledged by CU Direct for their achievements in the areas of lending, innovation and dealer engagement, the company noted.
CU Direct’s 2018 Best Practice Award winning credit unions are:
- Innovation in Lending: Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union (191,740 members, $2.1 billion in assets)
- Excellence in Indirect Lending: UW Credit Union (243,826 members, $2.7 billion in assets)
- Excellence in Direct Lending: Vantage West Credit Union (150,432 members, $1.92 billion in assets)
- Excellence in Dealer Engagement: BECU (1,102,521 members, $18.6 billion in assets)
“We want to congratulate each of our winning credit unions for their outstanding success in the lending marketplace in 2017,” said Tony Boutelle, president and CEO of CU Direct. “We greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication our credit union partners put into their lending programs.”
New Members of Board
CU Direct also announced that the 2019 Drive Conference will be held May 14-16, 2019 at the Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas.
CU Direct also announced that Donna Bland, president & CEO, Golden 1 Credit Union; Brett Martinez, president & CEO, Redwood Credit Union; and Sterling Nielsen, president & CEO, Mountain America Credit Union were re-elected to new three-year terms on the board of directors.
Officer elections were also announced during the annual shareholders meeting, and included the re- election of Nader Moghaddam, president and CEO of Financial Partners Credit Union, to a second term as chairman. Moghaddam has served on CU Direct’s board since 2011. Also re-elected to second terms were: Keith Sultemeier, president & CEO, Kinecta Federal Credit Union, as vice chairman; and Jim Laffoon, president & CEO, Security Service Federal Credit Union, as the board’s treasurer & secretary.
“Our board represents many leaders in the credit union system,” said Boutelle, president and CEO of CU Direct. “Their passion, collaboration, and input strengthen our vision to continually develop innovative and technology-driven solutions to better serve our credit union partners.”
Also serving on CU Direct’s board of directors are:
- Erin Mendez, president & CEO, Patelco Credit Union
- Benson Porter, president & CEO, BECU
- Chuck Purvis, president & CEO, Coastal Federal Credit Union
- Bob McKay, president & CEO, Anheuser-Busch Employees’ Credit Union (Associate Director)
- John Lund, president & CEO, America First Credit Union (Ex-officio)
- Jeff March, president & CEO, Citadel (Ex-officio)