DENVER, Co.– The Mountain West Credit Union Foundation has recognized a number of individuals and credit unions for their work.
Awards to the winners were presented at the 9th Annual Star Gala here.
This year, awards were presented to:
- Partner Colorado Credit Union–Community Impact Award, winner
- Desert Schools Federal Credit Union (AZ) - Community Impact Award, runner-up
- Community Choice Credit Union (CO) - Credit Union of the Year Award Under $100M Asset Category. Denver Community Credit Union, Credit Union of the Year Award $100M to $500M Asset Category. Premier Members Credit Union (CO)–Credit Union Of the Year, $500M and over Asset Category.
- Justin Wolfe, Canyon State Credit Union (AZ)–Emerging Leader Award
- Distinguished Leader Awards: Susan Frank, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union (AZ); Eva Gaudio, Elevations Credit Union (CO); Carla Hedrick, Denver Community Credit Union (CO); Claudia Milan, Arapahoe Credit Union (CO)
“These award winners capture the true spirit of the credit union philosophy of people helping people,” said Dr. Dan Santangelo, executive director of the Mountain West Credit Union Foundation. “By pausing each year to recognize the outstanding efforts of those in the credit union movement, we are reminded of the importance of our founding principles and it reinvigorates our passion. The honorees make a difference in their communities, and in the lives of their members, every single day. It’s why we do what we do.”
Money raised from the event goes to fund Foundation programs that provide scholarships for numerous leadership, professional development and academic opportunities; financial services, development and public financial education grants; and other programs supporting credit unions in Arizona, Colorado and Wyoming, the states served by the Mountain West Credit Union Association.