ORLANDO—The National Association of CUSOs (NACUSO) has announced the five finalists for its “Next Big Idea” competition to be held in conjunction with its upcoming annual conference, with the Shark Tank’s Daymond John acting as one of the panelists who will question participants.
In the competition at the meeting, set for April 13-16 at the Disney Yacht Club here, each of the five will provide a short presentation, followed by questions from a panelist, and then an attendee vote on the winner.
The five finalists include:
- gameFi, an SaaS platform that uses gaming principles to build a better sales and service culture in a credit union.
- OnApproach, which provides credit unions with an affordable means to collect, store and analyze Big Data that will enable credit unions to customize the right services at the right time for each of their members.
- Identity X, which offers technology that uses face recognition and voice recognition as alternative means to authenticate a member's identity from their smartphone.
- Isthmian, a CUSO that was formed by QuarterSpot Inc. and Lending Solutions, Inc. that leverages technology to underwrite business loans quickly and to provide access to a borrower's deposit accounts to actively monitor cash flow and the credit risk.
- Obloco, which provides the technology for credit union members to capture and store receipts. When the transactions are paid with credit union debt or credit card, this is additional data for the credit union to use to analyze future needs of their members.