Business Analyst, Card Services
Published: January 28, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
The business analyst for card services at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) is responsible for facilitating solutions for current and future business issues related to card services programs. The business analyst partners with stakeholders to analyze business needs, create business cases, define and model requirements, and identify and implement solutions. Throughout the process, the business analyst documents the requirements, business case, data models, process diagrams, solutions that were evaluated and selected, and decisions. Typical responsibilities:
- Research and define current and future business issues.
- Analyze multiple sources of data to uncover the causes of current and future business issues.
- In partnership with all stakeholders, clearly define and document business and user requirements.
- In partnership with users, IT, vendors, and other relevant stakeholders, evaluate and recommend potential solutions.
- Document business issues, data, analyses, requirements, business case, data models, process diagrams, solutions, and decisions.
- In partnership with IT, perform testing on new technology, systems, or upgrades to ensure functionality and accuracy prior to implementation and develop user-adoption strategy.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of solutions for addressing the business issues; evolve solutions in parallel with business conditions.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel required approximately 50% of the time to facilitate or attend meetings, conferences, and other work-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Card Services processes, tools/technology, practices, products and/or services, OR a minimum 3 years’ experience performing a business analyst role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with process improvement and/or project management using standard tools and methodologies.
- Experience facilitating teams and/or groups.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified in change management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of and experience with fundamental process improvement and project management processes, methodologies, and the ability to adapt them to the organization.
- Experience performing a business analyst role at a financial institution.
- Experience administering card services programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with current regulations and department, process, and/or job specific compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Knowledge of market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Ability to consult, gather and evaluate needs, provide advice and recommendations, and partner with stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply financial information and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.) required to train others to perform job specific tasks and implement and monitor metrics.
- Speaks and writes the English language using the correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Ability to adjust communication content, style, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including executives, employees, vendors, and members.Experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Ability to proficiently use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint), prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), project plans (e.g., MS Project), and process maps (e.g., MS Visio).
- Ability to proficiently test new and upgraded software. Ability to proficiently use database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
Apply Here: firstname.lastname@example.org