Commercial Business Development Officer
Published: January 28, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
Commercial business development officers at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) consult with business members on financial goals, advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods, and recommend relevant FFCU commercial lending programs and solutions. Commercial business development officers also evaluate loan applications and review credit information for business members while working closely with team members in the corporate and regional offices. Overall, commercial business development officers facilitate business members achievement of short and long-term financial objectives. Typical responsibilities:
- Actively pursue potential business members in order to originate business loans.
- Accept and review new commercial loan applications.
- Review commercial loan programs and credit options.
- Recommend FFCU financial products and services to meet members’ short and long term financial needs.
- Provide technical guidance and training to team members on commercial loans.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May travel occasionally to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in commercial/business lending and/or commercial real estate lending.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics.
- Current Mortgage Loan Originator license.
- Experience in commercial/business lending and commercial real estate lending.
- Demonstrates knowledgeof and experience with the commercial loan application.
- Demonstrates knowledgeof and experience with the corporate real estate loan.
- Demonstrates knowledge of NCUA Part 723, Member Business Loans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of application of business lending standard operating policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business, personal, and insurance products and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply personal and business financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, income statements, cash flow statements, and DSCR), and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding business member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit their short and long-term financial needs.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
Apply Here: email@example.com