Commercial Credit Analyst/Associate Lender
Published: January 15, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
The Commercial Credit Analyst/Associate Lender provides the following roles towards assisting the credit union in achieving its mission and goals with the commercial lending department.
- Perform due diligence on existing and prospective borrowers to inform credit decisions.
- Prepare written credit presentations along with financial analyses towards obtaining loan approvals
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of credit relationships towards makingaccuraterisk rating recommendations using policy guidelines and other factors.
- Assist other Commercial Lenders by preparing objective and comprehensive written financial analyses on simple to complex commercial lending requests within specified timeframes.
- Assist with loan reviews and credit line renewals towardsmaintaining credit quality with the loan portfolio.
- Intake new loan requests, including phone calls and staff referrals. Meet with applicants towards obtaining complete application packages.
- Retain and increase existing business including the cross-selling of products and services
- As directed, manage a commercial portfolio to ensure credit quality and compliance within regulatory and credit union policy requirements
- Understand credit union policies and procedures towards meeting organizational objectives
- Identify signs of potential concern with existing borrowers and work with these members as appropriate towards resolving credit weaknesses, including assisting with collection and workout activities
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- 40%. Credit Analysis: Analyzes financial statements along with collateral records. Determines key lending ratios including debt service coverage, personal cash flow and loan-to-value indicators. Summarizes risks and mitigants, relative to the size and complexity of the transaction, as narratives for lending presentations. Recommends loan structures when appropriate. Researches industry data from various sources as applicable. Files loan documents with appropriate agencies or partnering lenders. Learns the credit union’s commercial underwriting and administration software platform. Performs loan reviews as assigned. Assists with the renewal or modification of credit lines and maturing loans
- 30%. Lending Duties:Meets with commercial applicants, evaluates viability of requests and information needed for determination of risk to make decisions. May make customer calls or site visits to understand borrower’s needs, and to view quality of real estate or business assets. Negotiates terms and conditions with guidance from senior staff. Service a portfolio of commercial relationships. Perform annual reviews including dealing with matured notes and renewing credit lines. Maintains organized and up-to-date client files. Cross-sells products and services to new and existing members
- 20%. Learns and applies credit union loan policies and procedures, as well as awareness of all relevant regulations, and their impact on risk management. Participates in improving lending practices for the credit union
- 5%. Assist in special projects as needed or assigned by management
- 5%. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience.Five or more years of professional work experience. Three or more years of direct experience in a commercial banking credit environment preferred
- Education. (1) A two or four-year college degreewith emphasis in business, economics, finance or accounting,or (2) completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or (3) completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program
- Interpersonal Skills. A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/oris usually of a sensitive nature. Outside contacts become important and so fostering sound relationships with others is necessary
- Other Skills. Must have experience in analyzing business financial statements; familiarity with general commercial lending, excellent communication and PR skills; ability to use related software required; ability to multi-task
- Physical Requirements. Ability to travel to member business locations for meetings, as well as and attend loan closings
- Work Environment. Office / Professional
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Apply Here: firstname.lastname@example.org