Director of Consumer Lending
Published: January 28, 2019
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
The director of consumer lending at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) is responsible for leading the strategy, process, and management of all consumer loan origination, processing, and servicing activities. As a leader, the director of consumer lending sets the department objectives, delivers services, and manages for results. The director of consumer lending also ensures that the team is appropriately staffed, that they have the necessary training and resources to successfully perform their work, and that they meet their individual and organizational objectives. Overall, the director of consumer lending is responsible for building FFCU’s consumer lending portfolio through pro-active planning, development, implementation, and management of all consumer loan origination and servicing facets of the lending programs.
- Drive consumer lending operations and objectives to deliver the strategic vision.
- Train, coach, supervise, and performance manage consumer lending employees.
- Direct the consumer loan application flow process and quality of existing loans to achieve FFCU objectives.
- Monitor loan underwriting activities and periodically conduct audits of consumer loan approvals to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Lead and direct consumer lending process improvement initiatives and instill a mindset of continuous improvement at the individual, team, department, and organizational level.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel up to 10% of the time or as needed to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in consumer lending, of which at least 3 years were as a senior manager and/or director of consumer lending or similar type position with direct reports.
- Experience monitoring and improving the application flow process to ensure quality member service and effective pipeline management to achieve volume and yield objectives.
- Experience auditing loan applications and loan approvals to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience using, evaluating, selecting, and implementing consumer lending technology, including partnering with IT and/or vendors to define user requirements, and configure and test the solution in preparation for implementation.
- Experience leading and directing process improvement initiatives that progress the organization.
- Experience implementing and using auto-decisioning technology.
- Ability to develop strategies and plans, and lead team members to achieve results.
- Knowledge of and experience with consumer lending, including loan operations and credit fundamentals.
- Knowledge of DMV processes in several states and experience working with vendors that support auto lending.
- Knowledge of and experience with standard or typical metrics associated with managing sales and consumer lending operations.
- Knowledge of the application of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, The Civil Servicemembers Relief Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Knowledge of business, personal, and insurance products and services.
- Knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit their short and long-term financial needs.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Speaks and writes English using the correct vocabulary, grammar, tone, and organization.
- Experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, scheduling meetings, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
Apply Here: email@example.com