Published: April 10, 2018
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Riverland Federal Credit Union is seeking a Full-Time Tellerto join our team. The ideal candidate will have exemplary organizational, problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills. This position will be located at our Jefferson Hwy branch, located at 4809 Jefferson Hwy Jefferson, La 70121, this position will also float to other branches as needed.
The Teller will be responsible for providing superior member service by handling financial transactions safely, accurately, and efficiently, including but not limited to: withdrawals, official checks, money orders, cashing checks, depositing money, collecting loan payments, and cash advances.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Accept check(s), cash and other forms of payment from members: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit. Examine check deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirement and complete hold notices.
- Record all transactions electronically throughout the shift.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer members inquiries regarding their accounts, service changes, interest rates while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Refer members to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Prepare specialized funds such as savings bonds and money orders.
- Ensure that the cash in the drawer balances at the end of your shift.
- Cross-sell bank products and services to best meet member needs.
- General clerical duties including but not limited to: answering phones, filing, and handling of office machinery.
- Follow all Credit Union and procedures at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1- year cash handling and sales experience is required.
- Previous experience in a financial institution is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a credit check.
- Must be bondable.
How to apply
lease send your resume via email to email@example.com be sure to include the words “FT Teller- Floater” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of resumes received, a personal response regarding your application status is not available. Candidates will be contacted directly if we are interested in an interview.
Riverland is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this company depends solely on your qualifications.