IT Support Specialist
Published: April 10, 2018
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Riverland Federal Credit Union is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have exemplary organizational, problem-solving, communication and member-service skills. This position will be located at our main office at 639 Loyola Ave., New Orleans, LA 70113, and will be required to work Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for keeping the network computing systems operating efficiently and for assuring the computing standards are implemented an enforced; extend I.S. support serves to staff and members.
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities:|
• Installs, supports, and manages the hardware/software/network components; responds to and develops solutions for
component failures and complex technical problems in all other these areas to deliver a sound and stable computing
Consults with computer operations management, supervisory staff and various I.S. Personnel to assure that I.S standards for
control, security, and recoverability are understood and followed.
Coordinates with other I.S. Technical Support staff to assure that appropriate I.S computing standards are implemented and
maintained; manages software upgrades to assure compliance with standards and control procedures.
Collaborates with I.S. Network Systems staff to support the following computing components: (a) PC/LAN servers and
workstations, (b) WAN communications links, (c) hot-site hardware/software, and (d) office automation software; assist I.S.
Programming Staff in on-site research of production problems and training of supervisory staff on new procedures/ software.
- Follows all Credit Union policies and procedures at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years’ Help Desk or related experience required
- 2- year college degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline is preferred.
- Previous experience in a financial institution is a plus.
- Experience in PC usage and hardware/software support
- Windows 10 and Windows server
- PC “TCP/ IP” and Networking experience a plus
- Ability to diagnose problems over a WAN in remote locations.
Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and support personal computers, Windows, network and date communication software
and hardware, and be familiar with basic programming logic, processing concepts and terminology, and processing rigors.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a credit check
- Must be bondable.
How to apply: Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to include the words “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes received, a personal response regarding your application status is not available. Candidates will be contacted directly if we are interested in an interview.
Riverland is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this company depends solely on your qualifications.