Published: April 10, 2018
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
RIverland Federal Credit Union is seeking a Full-Time Loan Officerto join our team. The ideal candidate will have exemplary organizational, problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills. This position will be located at our Main Office at 639 Loyola Ave New Orleans, LA 70113 and will work Monday- Friday.
The Loan Officer will be responsible for assisting members with their consumer lending and mortgage needs, analyzing loan request and making credit decisions based on lending guidelines and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Interviews loan applicants to develop information concerning loan needs, earnings, and financial condition.
- Underwrites loan request, to include analyzing current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Includes deciding an approval, denial, or offering a counter offer.
- Efficiently and effectively communicated with applicant throughout the loan process.
- Participates in selling CUNA Mutual Groups’ Debt Protection products to members.
- Creates, assembles, and provides loan documents to applicants.
- Maintains loan officer queues to ensure that loan applications are decisioned and processed timely and accurately.
- Meet and maintain monthly quota set by VP of Lending.
- Follow all Credit Union and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Loan Processor, Loan Officer or related field is required.
- 2- year college degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in a credit union is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a credit check.
- Must be bondable.
How to apply:
Please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure to include the words “Loan Officer” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of resumes received, a personal response regarding your application status is not available. Candidates will only be contacted if we are interested in an interview.
Riverland is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this company depends solely on your qualifications.