Marketing & Business Development Manager
Published: April 10, 2018
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
RiverLand Federal Credit Union is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Manager to join our team. This position will be located at our Main Office at 639 Loyola Ave New Orleans, LA 70113 and will be required to work Monday- Friday.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager will be responsible for the development of marketing materials, promotions, new business relationships with prospective members and increasing business with present members, and will assist in coordinating the efforts of the marketing and sales goals for the Credit Union.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating advertising and sales promotions. Writes, designs, and edits marketing and advertising programs and materials, such as newsletters, brochures, flyers, emails, lobby banners, web graphics, financial wellness collateral, signs, displays, and annual reports to enhance and convey the image of the Credit Union. Confers with VP of Marketing in the design, composition, estimation of costs and other aspects of printing and graphic arts media. Proofs each job for accuracy, including: sizes, colors, effectiveness, brand consistency, compliance, revisions, quantity, and production.
- Implements and oversees a program that includes contacting new and existing members to maintain and expand banking relationships and contacting prospective members to develop new business. Identifies cross-selling opportunities and cross-sell services to members by telephone and written correspondence.
- Assist with all major departmental administrative needs. Maintains appropriate supplies of Marketing department items: paper, ink, promo items, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining high product knowledge, monitoring market trends, finding opportunities for new products, and learning new selling techniques. Conducts market research and makes recommendations for new products and services, modifications, or improvements.
- Responsible for analysis of relevant statistics for the business development plan making recommendations to management when required. Develops promotional strategies and assists in marketing and sales planning to meet business development goals including an analysis of competitive products and services, selling techniques, legislation, budgets, pricing, and distribution
- Represents the Credit Union at functions to develop business relationships, and works with sponsor group(s) to maintain a positive relationship. Develops and implements strategy for best serving and acquiring Select Employee Groups
- Maintains department budget. Reports variances and provides support to the VP of Marketing
Follows all Credit Union policies and procedures, and performs all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 2 years’ Marketing experience within a financial institution required.
A 4-year college degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or closely related
- Strong writing and desktop publishing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must have strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Other Requirements
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a credit check.
• Must be bondable.
How to apply: Please send your resume and marketing portfolio, compilation of previous projects, or marketing collateral via email to jobs@ riverlandcu.org be sure to include the words “Marketing & Business Development Manager” in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes received, a personal response regarding your application status will not be available. Candidates will be contacted directly if we are interested in an interview.
RiverLand is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this company depends solely on your qualifications.