ATLANTA– William Mills Agency, provider of financial public relations and marketing services, released its annual financial services industry research, “Bankers as Buyers.” The 12th annual report is a collection of research, observations and articles about what technology, solutions and services U.S. bankers will buy in 2015. It includes commentary and contributions from leading industry analysts, banking consultants and financial technology professionals. The survey is available for free download here.
Some findings from this year’s “Bankers as Buyers” report include:
- Forrester’s five-year ForecastView model predicts U.S. mobile payments will top $142 billion by 2019, up from $52 billion in 2014.
- The U.S. will continue to see net increases in card fraud, according to Lee Wetherington, director of strategic insight for ProfitStars, who shared that lost-and-stolen card fraud will approach $1 billion by 2018.
- On a worldwide basis, Wincor Nixdorf AG predicts that in 2017, banks will invest approximately $16 billion in branch transformation and related technologies.
- 64.8% of respondents in CSI’s 2015 Banking Priorities Study identified mortgage compliance as their greatest compliance challenge in 2015.
- Javelin Strategy & Research found that 10% of affluent customers (controlling $2.3 Trillion in assets) are likely to switch banks.
- Capgemini’s 2014 World Payments Report predicts that mobile payments will grow 60.8 percent in 2015.