CHICAGO–With the close of February now here, CUToday.info is also closing out its 2018 Member Giveback Tracker, which shows credit unions have returned more than $177 million to their members.
To be exact, credit unions in the CUToday.info Giveback Tracker have paid back $177,691,815 in the form of bonus dividends and loan rebates.
In some cases, credit unions are rewarding all members; in others, credit unions are rewarding members based on their participation in the credit union and even more specifically, certain programs.
Among the most recent to announce give-backs to members:
- In Lake Charles, La., CSE Federal Credit Union paid out a little more than $1 million to its members as part of a year-end bonus.
- In Tulsa, Okla., TTCU FCU announced it paid out nearly $3 million. During Q4, TTCU said it also paid out $755,139 in member rewards dividends.
- In Jackson, Mich., American 1 Credit Union paid out $1.2-million to members in the form of loan interest rebates and other givebacks.
- In International Falls, Minn., TruStar FCU announced a patronage dividend of $750,000.
- In North Carolina, Coastal CU paid $3.3 million as part of Loyalty Bonus program.
- In Lee’s Summit, Mo., Central Credit Union has paid out a $100,000 year-end bonus
Others Paying Bonuses, Rebates
Among other 2018 year-end bonuses/rebates earlier reported by CUToday.info:
- PEORIA, Ill.–CEFCU has paid out a record $50 million determined by dividends earned and interest paid to members during the first 11 months of the year.
- SUMTER, S.C.– SAFE FCU has paid out more than $1.2-million in bonus dividends and interest rebates to its members.
- SCHAUMBURG, Ill.–Andigo Credit Union said it has paid out an “Owner Participation Dividend” of $1 million.
- EDWARDSVILLE, Ill.–Scott Credit Union has declared a bonus dividend and loan interest rebate of $570,000 to members.
- ROCK ISLAND, Ill.–Gas & Electric Credit Union here has paid a $250,000 year-end giveback to its members.
- CLARION, Penn.– Clarion FCU said it is returning $300,000 to members based on their relationships with the credit union. CEO Mark Lauer said it is the third consecutive year Clarion has made such a payout, which now total $800,000.
- WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y.–Western Division Federal Credit Union said it will pay out more than $750,000 to its members as part of a "patronage dividend.
- KINGSPORT, Tenn. — Eastman Credit Union announced an Extraordinary Dividend of $13 million, which brings the total to $118 million paid to members since 1998.
- COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Ent Credit Union’s members received more than $11 million from the credit union’s 2018 Ent Extras rewards program’s payout.
- BEAVERCREEK, Ohio–Wright-Patt Credit Union has announced it will pay an $8.6-million Special Patronage Dividend to members in early 2019.
- MEDFORD, Ore.–Rogue Credit Union has announced it will pay $4 million to members who are part of its Rogue Rewards Loyalty program
- FT. BRAGG, N.C.–Fort Bragg FCU here is paying out more than $624,000 in loyalty dividends to approximately 24,000 qualified members.
- WARNER ROBINS, Ga.–Robins Financial Credit Union has announced it is returning $13 million as part of a “Member rebate.”
- HANSCOM AFB, Mass.–Hanscom Federal Credit Union announced a membership payout for 2018. The credit union said it will pay a Loyalty Dividend of 2% of most consumer loan finance charges, as well as a 2% bonus on dividends earned on savings.
- SIOUX FALLS, S.D.–Sioux Falls FCU is returning $1 million to its members as part of a year-end giveback.
- SIDNEY, Mont.–Richland FCU said it is paying a $250,000 bonus dividend to its members.
- HARRISBURG, Penn.—Pennsylvania State Employees CU has issued a Special Membership Reward totaling $22 million, the CU’s largest-ever giveback.
- PHOENIX–Arizona Federal has announced an end-of-year bonus through Plus Payouts, the credit union's revenue-sharing program. The $6.5 million payout, the largest in the program's six-year history, brings the total paid to members to more than $36 million.
- JACKSON, Mich. — CP Federal Credit Union has announced the largest giveback to members in its history with a 5% interest rebate and bonus dividend, in addition to a $300,000 donation to the Jackson Community Foundation.
- MONTGOMERY, Ala.–Guardian Credit Union here has announced an Interest Rebate and Dividend Bonus totaling $587,660.
- LUTHERVILLE, Md.–First Financial FCU here has announced it is paying out $2 million in Loyalty Rewards to members. The amount awarded to each member is based on the products and services each member utilized throughout the year.
- LOS ANGELES–Firefighters First Credit Union has announced it is paying a year-end bonus to members of $2 million.
- WOODBURY, Minn.–Ideal Credit Union has returned 10% of its 2018 earnings to members who participate in its VIP+ Program. In all, some 4,390 VIP+ members were paid cash dividends between $50 and $600, with the total payout for 2018 being $546,200.
- WATERFORD, Conn.– Charter Oak FCU said it has awarded more than $575,000 in annual $100 cash bonuses to its Gold Rewards members, which is the highest amount ever paid since the unique program began nine years ago.
- JAY, Maine—OTIS Federal Credit Union said it has paid its members an 8% bonus dividend and interest refund, resulting in a total payout of $392,239.
- OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla.– True Sky Credit Union said it is paying out year-end interest rebates and dividends of $96,716 to more than 50,000 members.
- MIDLAND, Mich.– Dow Chemical Employees’ Credit Union announced it is paying out $19.4 million as part of its Member Giveback for 2018, with funds being returned to members in the form of rebates and rewards.
- LENEXA, Kan.– CommunityAmerica Credit Union said it has returned $8.4 million as part of its annual “Profit Payout.”