ORLANDO—NACUSO presented its 2015 Collaboration & Innovation of the Year Award to both a CUSO and a credit union at its meeting here. The CUSO Collaboration & Innovation Award recognizes those CUSOs and CUS that exhibit excellence and innovation in utilizing the collaborative model to bring new solutions to the credit union industry.
In determining a winner, NACUSO said five criteria were considered:
- Thought leadership and critical thinking.
- Value created through use of collaboration
- Innovation in organizational design
- Implementation and execution
- Delivering results, outcomes, and performance.
Winner of the CUSO of the Year was two sister CUSOs, Open Technology Solutions and Shared Service Solutions in Centennial, Colo. The CUSOs are jointly owned by Bethpage FCU, Bellco Credit Union and SECU of Maryland and have been trailblazers in the sharing of backoffice expenses, including IT.
Accepting the award on behalf of the two CUSOs were Mike Atkins, CEO of Open Technology Solutions, and Mike Scully, COO of Shared Service Solutions.
The credit union recognized by NACUSO with the 2015 Collaboration & Innovation of the Year award was Bethpage FCU in Bethpage, N.Y.
That award is based upon:
* Value created through the use of collaboration in the CUSO business model.
- Innovation in implantation and execution of the CUSO business model.
- Results, outcomes and performance generated by the CU’s effective use of the CUSO business model.
The award was accepted by Linda Armyn, SVP-corporate affairs, with Bethpage.
Two credit unions won Honorable Mention: Kinecta FCU and One Nevada.